Dover Signature Properties’ niche is unique—we believe that no one else does quite what we do. We restore or renovate neglected properties, including ambitious historical projects, with environmental stewardship as our top priority. We then turn most of those properties into affordable senior housing, with an emphasis on care for Alzheimer’s and other memory problems.
We serve as developer, builder, and general contractor for the projects we undertake; we’re intimately involved with each process from start to finish. When the project is complete, we retain ownership of the property. If the project is a senior living facility, we contract with a management group, Senior Solutions, to staff the facility and run day-to-day operations.
Our Management Team
Rick Dover is Managing Director of Dover Signature Properties. Mr. Dover is a Knoxville native and graduate of the University of Tennessee. He has been involved all aspects of the real estate development and construction business for over thirty five years, and has completed successful projects in Tennessee, Texas, California, North Carolina and Florida. He and his wife, Laurie, have been married for thirty eight years, and have three grown children and two Granddaughters.
Vice President and Director of Interior Design
Laurie Dover is Vice President and Director of Interior Design for Dover Signature Properties. Laurie grew up in northeast Ohio and graduated with a degree in marketing from Youngstown State University. She also attended the University of Houston where she studied interior design. Laurie has been with the company since 1995 and oversees the interior design of each project as well as managing the corporate office.
Shea handles the day-to-day responsibilities of project development and construction management.
We fell into our senior living specialty quite by accident. When we were searching for an assisted living facility for our grandfather back in the 1990s, we discovered that finding a combination of affordability, personalized care, and a cozy residential feel was nearly impossible. So we set out to create housing for him, and in doing that, realized how many others had been looking for the same thing and couldn’t find it.
Once we saw how big the need was, we set out to fill it—one historic icon at a time.
We believe that creating affordable and beautiful senior housing is a meaningful way to restore old buildings. It allows us to enter into unique partnerships with municipalities that we would not otherwise be able to enjoy, making truly stunning senior communities affordable for all involved and stabilizing once-neglected neighborhoods.
Senior living centers make great neighbors, by the way. They beautify their surroundings, boost property values, bring in caring older folks as vital community residents, and create much-needed healthcare jobs that directly benefit the larger community.
We’re proud to have been recognized by a number of civic, state, and national organizations for the work we do.
- 2018 AIA Citation for Hyatt Place at the Historic Farragut Hotel0
- 2016 Chairman's Award for Achievement in Historic Preservation, Alexander Inn
- 2016 Orchid Award, Keep Knoxville Beautiful for Oakwood Senior Living Center
- Knox Heritage Preservationist of the Year, 2015
- Knox County Mayor Preservation Award 2015, Oakwood Senior Living
- Knox Heritage Fantastic Fifteen Award 2015, Oakwood Senior Living
- Loudon County Preservationist of the Year, 2012
- Nine Counties Preservationist of the Year, 2011
- East Tennessee Historical Society Preservation Award, 2007
- Tennessee Historical Society Certificate of Merit, 2007
- Lenoir City Citizenship Award, 2005
- Knox Heritage Certificate of Appreciation, 2005
- Tennessee Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award, 2004
- Lenoir City Neighborhood Improvement Award, 2003
- Lenoir City Mission Appreciation Award, 1995
Construction Field Manager
Dover Signature Properties in Knoxville, Tennessee is currently hiring a contract position for a Construction Field Manager to coordinate supervise, verify, and record all construction activities for a new wood framed, slab on grade, historical renovation.
Qualified Applicants Only Please
Send interest and resume to: Rick@DoverSignature.com